I know. I know. This feels like it’s coming out of left field. What does skincare have to do with photography? Well, radiant, glowy skin makes for beautiful portraits, non? 😛 When it comes to skincare and makeup, I am very low maintenance. I much prefer being makeup-less. However, that means I need to take care of my skin, especially during the winter when my skin feels super dehydrated. In this blog post, I’ll share my complete routine and how I create an almost spa-like experience at home. My skin feels nourished while I feel completely relaxed. Now, I really look forward to self-care Saturday’s. 🙂 Everything on my list is super affordable as well! You can purchase any item using the clickable links.
My nighttime routine:
- Remove any makeup with micellar water and cottons pads
- Cleanse face with a charcoal bar and sonic facial brush
- Enjoy a facial steamer. I love this step and do it 3-5 times a week. It’s like creating your own spa experience at home! It opens up my pores and allows me to get rid of stubborn blackheads.
- Once a week, apply a clay mask for a deep clean. I mix Indian clay and apple cider vinegar in equal ratio. Super effective and extremely affordable.
- Apply toner. I actually haven’t found one I love and hence I don’t have a specific recommendation for you. Do you have one you love? Share with me! 🙂
- Moisturize skin with horse oil cream. Never heard of it? You will become obsessed! Hands down the best moisturizer.
- Moisturize lips with Nuxe ultra-moisturizing lip balm. Say goodbye to dry lips!
My daytime routine:
- Wake up skin with a facial ice roller. This is so fun to do! It also helps relieves redness in skin and evens out skin tone.
- Wash skin with water only. Do not use cleanser for your morning routine, as this might over-dry your skin.
- Apply toner.
- Apply sunscreen. I actually immensely dislike the texture of most sunscreen. However, I finally found one that feels lightweight and does not make me break out. Colorescience!
- If desired, apply foundation. I like the IT Cosmetics brand. Also, I can’t recommend this foundation brush enough. It literally makes your makeup feels airbrushed! And for under $10? Yes, please!
- If desired, wear a lipstick. My favorite is from Drew Barrymore’s FLOWER line.
That’s it! It may look like a lot. But trust me when I say I am very low maintenance. (My husband never has to worry about me breaking the bank or having a cluttered sink. :P) I wanted to create a routine that is targeted, purposeful, and easy. This is really my all-year routine, but I am more mindful of it during the winter. I hope you enjoy discovering new products and a fun way to nourish your skin!